Name of Competition: Watermedia International 2021
Closing Date: 1 September 2021
Art Competition Details
WASA is holding an online exhibition and contest open to all watermedia artists worldwide. Watermedia includes watercolor, acrylic, gouache, casein, and ink.
• Entry fees go toward CASH PRIZES.
• $1000 cash for 1st place Artist category.
• $200 cash for 1st place Beginner category.
• Other cash awards to be determined based on number of entries.
• Some awards will include art supplies from sponsors.
• All winners will receive printable certificates.
Expressions Of Hope
In the midst of a global pandemic, art can bring us hope for a better future. What gives you hope is up to your own artistic interpretation. Artwork can be any subject, genre, style, or size.
• Maximum of 2 entries per artist.
• Artwork must be created by hand using watermedia.
• Artwork may be any size.
• Artwork must be the artists’ original work.
• Must have permission to use others’ photos.
• Artwork cannot be a copy or derivative of another artwork.
• You may enter the Beginner category if you have less than 3 years experience AND have not yet had a solo exhibition. Everyone else should enter the Artist category. (Years in school or studying do not count in the 3 year limit.)
• Proof of payment must be emailed by the deadline for entries to be accepted. If this will be an issue, you may pay before entering.
• 1st September 2021 midnight (UTC +2).
• Artwork received after deadline will not be accepted.
COSTS FOR ARTISTS:
• $10 for one entry or $20 for two entries.
• WASA Members: R75 for one entry or R150 for two entries
• Artists in Southern Africa can join WASA here
COSTS FOR BEGINNERS:
• For all Beginner category entrants, the second entry is free.
• $10 for two entries.
• WASA Member Beginner: R75 for two entries.
• A panel of international judges will jury the exhibition.
• Artists will be notified of awards by email.
• Awards will be announced September 7th.
• Valid entries will be viewable in online exhibition on WatercolorArtSA.com and Facebook from 7th September 2021.
• Winners will be emailed certificates and to arrange prize payments.
• Your email is required so we may contact you but it will not be posted in the exhibition and WASA will not share it with anyone without your permission.
• By entering, artists grant permission to WASA to use their images for promoting the exhibition and announcing award winners both online and in magazines.
• Inquiries about purchasing artwork will be forwarded to the artist. WASA takes no commission.
Who may enter? Open to anyone around the world
Website with Art Competition details: https://watercolorartsa.com/watermedia-international-2021/