Name of Competition: “Into the Light” Art Prize and Exhibit
Closing Date: 01/09/2021
Art Competition Details
‘INTO THE LIGHT’
ART PRIZE AND EXHIBIT
Promoting Mental Health Awareness
$5,000 Non-Acquisitive “Into the Light Prize”
Sponsored by Cadence & Co
MENTAL HEALTH WEEK 9-16 OCTOBER, 2021
Whitewall Art Projects Gallery in Berrima NSW is proud to announce the second annual exhibit and the inaugural ‘INTO THE LIGHT’ ART PRIZE with 10% of sales donated to Lifeline Australia.
• Work must have been completed between the 1st of January 2020 and 1st of September 2021.
• Entries Close at 6PM on the 1st of September 2021.
• The top 100 shortlisted including the top 30 finalists will be announced on our website by the 14th of September 2021.
• Delivery of works to by the top 30 artists finalists to be delivered by the artist, representative or courier on the Thursday the 31st of September or Friday the 1st of October between 10am – 4pm ONLY. Delivery Address: 10 Jellore Street, Berrima NSW 2577.
• “Into the Light” exhibit will be opening on the Friday 8th of October and will run to the 25th of October 2021.
• “Into the Light” and ‘Emerging Artist’ winners will be announced on the 9th of October 2021.
• Collection of selected works [ if not sold ] are to be picked up by the artist, representative or courier on Thursday the 28th of October or Friday the 29th of October between 10am and 4pm ONLY.
– The Art Prize is open to practicing artists residing in Australia. The theme ‘Into the Light’ is to be integrated conceptually into the work proposed. The work must be created between the 1st of January 2020 and 1st of September 2021.
– All entries submitted must be original two-dimensional works excluding photography and prints with a maximum dimension of 120x120cm.
– A non-refundable $35 entry fee will be charged to cover administration and marketing costs to enter the competition- One entry per artist only.
– All entries will be submitted online ONLY. Entries must include at least two high-resolution images of the artwork in JPEG or TIFF (Maximum file size 5MB). File to follow the naming convention: lastname_firstname_title.
– All entries must include an artist statement and artists CV.
– Selected Finalist artists are responsible for delivering and collecting artworks [and all associated costs] within the required dates listed above to and following the gallery exhibit. -Any failure in complying with the terms will result in losing position as a finalist.
– The prizes are NON-ACQUISITIVE – the winner will receive prize money and have the opportunity to sell the work through the gallery.
– Whitewall Art Projects, along with its sponsors Cadence & Co will retain the right to promote all imagery, artworks and information pertaining to all works submitted to ‘Into the Light’ through all online, print, and social media platforms required. The artist will be credited in all media where work is shared.
– All works must be professionally finished, framed if required and come ready to hang with either D-rings or a hanging wire on the back. All works to be clearly labelled with Artist, Title, Medium and Date.
– Whitewall Art Projects will exercise all reasonable care in handling works submitted but will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work whilst in the custody of the works. Artists are recommended to insure their work against loss or damage. Artists are responsible for their own transit insurance.
– All works submitted will be judged by a panel of 3-5 independent judges not affiliated with the gallery. List of judges to be confirmed and announced shortly.
– 100 works will be shortlisted and included in a virtual online exhibit, with 30 finalist works being selected for a comprehensive virtual online exhibit as well as the featured in-gallery exhibit. All works must be for sale, with 60 per cent of the sale price going to the artist, 30 per cent going to the gallery and 10 per cent donated to Lifeline Australia.
You must agree to the Terms and Conditions of entry for your entry to be valid.
Who may enter? Australia Only
Website with Art Competition details: https://whitewallartprojects.com.au/exhibitions-and-events/