Artist submissions for the 15th SWELL Sculpture Festival to be held along the iconic Currumbin Beach ocean walkway on Australia’s Gold Coast between 8 – 17 September 2017.
- $15,000 SWELL Sculpture Award sponsored by City of Gold Coast
- $ 3,000 People’s Choice Award $ 3,000 Kids’ Choice Award
- $ 3,000 Environmental Awareness Award sponsored by Max Fabre Foundation
- $ 1,500 Emerging Artist Award sponsored by Jennie Neumann OAM
- $ 1,000 Artist Peer Award
SCULPTURES ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY
Sculptures will be selected on the basis that they are suitable for outdoor installation. All materials and forms are eligible for entry. The size of sites available can accommodate works of varying scales; large durable works are encouraged. When submitting works, artists are required to consider the size of their work so that it is not easily removed.
Artists should make serious considerations of the artwork and its ability to withstand matters surrounding security, safety, temporary installation and de-installation. Consideration should also be given to public interaction on a large scale, inquisitive children, the outdoor environment and coastal weather considerations such as the sun, extremely strong winds and rain.